Avionics Technician II
Work Location: Shaw AFB, SD with more to follow
This assignment is located at Shaw AFB. Employee may also support TDY deployments to various locations as required in support of Predator-series UAS maintenance. Inspects and performs organizational and intermediate level electronic maintenance and modifications on RPA systems and support equipment as required. Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents. Uses common test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and similar equipment to effect repairs.
Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, micro and mainframe computers, and industrial measuring, controlling and calibration devices. Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems, and long-haul communications as required.
USAF equivalent position is Avionics Technician Journeyman. Position reports to the Supervisor.
- Applies basic and some technical knowledge to solve problems by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents including determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
- Requires a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, planning work schedules, selecting tools and test instruments, and understanding compliance with maintenance instructions and technical directives.
- Uses common and complex test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Work may be reviewed by the Supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration devices.
- Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
- This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from a higher-level technician or the supervisor.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of three to five years actual and recent aircraft avionics maintenance experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II eligibility; must have CompTIA Sec+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Eligibility for TS/SCI clearance. Applicants for this position will be asked to provide information necessary for determining eligibility with the DoD Adjudication Facility
- Possess current state driver’s license
- 2-4 years’ experience in SATCOM Maintenance or 1 year in a DoD operations C4ISR program
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of electronics and hands-on troubleshooting
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and volt meters
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Have working knowledge of basic and complex electronics maintenance and repair
- Possess knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft and missile electronics maintenance
- Know theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles
- Capable to learn how to use and read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables
- Learn to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment
- Possess basic skills and knowledge in the operation of networks; both hardware and software, to include network topology, standards, and protocols
- Possess a basic understanding of TELNET and FTP processes, as well as the Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Pass a company-administered Electronics Qualification Exam prior to hire
- Upon hiring, the company may provide a training class on RPA maintenance conducted in Las Vegas, NV or similar location
- Students must achieve a passing grade in all required courses for continued employment
- Additional “on the job” training may be required following the end of the initial training course
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
- DoD Top Secret Security Clearance eligibility is required
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must be eligible to gain and maintain a DOD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties
- Current DoD Security Clearance
- Application of technical knowledge of electronic principles in determining malfunctions and skill application in restoring equipment systems and operations
- Associate’s degree in a relevant career field
- RPA operations experience
- Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
- Prior experience in RPA aircraft avionics maintenance and repair
- FCC radio telephone license
- Knowledge and ability to administer UNIX and LINUX on both servers and workstations
- Security Plus Certified
- Prior experience installing, upgrading, and administering operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, including UNIX and LINUX
Safety – Invictus enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the site’s Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Benefit Eligibility: Full
Equal Opportunity Employer